Is grinding teeth at night normal?
Clenching and grinding your teeth while you sleep is a common involuntary issue. Officially called sleep bruxism, repeatedly grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw throughout the night can pose serious dental health and lifestyle problems. This dental problem requires immediate treatment to reduce its impact and help you feel better.
Our dentists at TLC Escondido can help you stop grinding your teeth. We also provide treatments to address the effects of teeth grinding and clenching. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Why do I grind my teeth at night?
- Bruxism is most common in younger people
- High levels of stress or anxiety are a common cause of bruxism
- Bruxism tends to run in the family
- Some antidepressants may increase the risk of teeth grinding
- People with Obstructive Sleep Apnea are more likely to grind their teeth
What does teeth grinding pain feel like?
- Waking up with a headache or jaw pain
- A tense or stiff jaw or neck
- Tooth sensitivity
- Worn enamel
- Chips and cracks in your teeth
- Tooth decay
- Gum recession
Who is the best dentist in Escondido to see for tooth grinding?
Our doctors are passionate about helping patients stop grinding their teeth and fixing the issues caused by tooth grinding. We’re dedicated to providing the highest standard of care in Escondido — from offering excellent service to using the latest technology and treatment options. That’s the TLC way.
Ready to stop grinding and clenching your teeth?
Give us a call at (760) 741-5775 or contact us to schedule a consultation. We’ll evaluate your situation and create the best treatment plan to stop your bruxism and keep your teeth healthy.