If you have a cavity or other tooth damage, our dentists may recommend a composite dental filling as the solution. This simple restoration can be provided quickly and comfortably in just one appointment to give you back a healthy smile.
What Is a Dental Filling?
A dental filling is a simple restoration used to repair minor to moderate tooth damage, such as that caused by a cavity or by minor fracturing or chipping. Fillings work to “fill in” the damaged portions of the tooth, restoring it to its original structure and function.
Dental Fillings Procedure
Fillings can usually be completed in a single visit to TLC Escondido Dental. Our dentists will begin by removing the damaged or decayed portions of the tooth. We will then clean it to remove all traces of decay. The filling material is then placed and shaped to match the contours of the tooth. Finally, we will harden the filling to give you a lasting restoration.
Benefits of Composite Fillings
Dr. Jorge Reyes and Dr. Catalina Madrigal only use composite dental fillings when providing your treatment. Composite, or tooth-colored, material, offers a number of advantages, including:
- A natural-looking and aesthetic final result for your smile
- Material that bonds to your tooth to provide more support for the tooth’s structure
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing again in the future
- Insulation from temperature changes, such as those caused by hot or cold foods or beverages
- Increased resistance of the tooth to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that are too small for traditional amalgam fillings
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- A safer and healthier treatment, as no mercury or other metals are used
Schedule Your Appointment
To schedule an appointment with our dentists and learn more about composite dental fillings in Escondido, California, give us a call at 760-741-5775!