Dr. Jorge Reyes and Dr. Catalina Madrigal may recommend a dental onlay if you sustain tooth damage. This simple restoration offers a minimally invasive, aesthetic and long-lasting solution for your smile. Onlays are usually recommended when a tooth needs more attention than a simple filling but does not require a full crown.
What Are Dental Onlays?
Dental onlays are a type of restoration recommended to repair teeth which are broken or have been damaged by cracking and decay. Also known as “partial crowns,” onlays are designed to fit your tooth perfectly and fully restore its shape, function and appearance. Our dentists may recommend a dental onlay when the damage to your tooth extends to one or more of the cusps (pointed tips) of the tooth’s chewing surface. They are typically made of porcelain or gold, giving you a much more discreet treatment option. Our dentists will examine your damaged teeth to determine the extent of the damage and whether or not an only is a good option for you.
Benefits of Onlays
Dental onlays offer many benefits, including:
- A more conservative treatment which preserves your natural tooth structure
- A natural and aesthetic final result
- A strong and durable restoration
- A long-lasting solution for your teeth and smile
- Reduces the need for more extensive dental work in the future
- Custom-made to ensure a perfect fit
- Helps protect your tooth from additional damage or decay
- Restores oral function and bite alignment
- Resists staining and discoloration
Make An Appointment
To set up an appointment with our dentists and find out more about dental onlays in Escondido, California, call TLC Escondido Dental today at 760-741-5775.