Dear Friends, Family & Patients,
We have missed you tremendously! We hope that during the COVID-19 pandemic, you have kept yourselves, your family, and friends, well, happy, and safe.
With the latest news reports that the curve is flattening, and due to modified Stay Home orders for San Diego County, we are thrilled to announce Phase 1 of our official reopening.
Starting Monday May 18, we are available to see patients for non-urgent appointments, which includes fillings, crowns, night guards, dental cleaning, etc.
Our safety procedures
As you know infection control has always been a top priority and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance that is issued, for this reason you may see some changes at your next appointment.
To ensure your safety and well-being, we have redesigned and implemented a number of new operational procedures (coming to our practice may in fact be safer than going to the supermarket!):
- Healthy Staff: Anyone who can carry out their functions from home will continue to work virtually. Each employee coming into the office will be screened. Screening entails symptom checks including taking temperatures. If anyone is exhibiting symptoms, they will be asked to stay home. Staff will be required to wear scrubs that will be washed everyday, wear eye protection, open doors for all patients, and wash hands between each patient interaction.
- Mandatory 6-feet Spacing: All desks and individual workstations in our office will be at least 6 feet apart from one another. Mandatory measures will ensure that all patients are 6 feet apart from one another.
- Patient screening: To follow the highest safety measures, we will assume all patients have been exposed. We will require patients to wear their face masks or cloth face coverings at all times while coming, staying, and exiting the office. Patient screening will include temperature checks upon entering. There will also be a screening over the phone at the time the appointment is being made.
- Prioritizing Cleanliness: Door handles, bathrooms, and other common areas will be disinfected frequently. Magazines are removed from the reception area. Disinfectants, hand sanitizer, and related supplies will be available to staff and patients at all times.
- No ‘Waiting Room’: Please call us when you arrive in the parking lot and wait in your car until it is time for your appointment. We will call you back when your treatment room is ready. Health history update forms will be sent to your cell phone so you can complete them ahead of time or in the comfort of your car, if necessary.
- Limiting Interaction: Scheduling follow-up appointments will occur in the exam room instead of at check-out. Non-patient visitors will be limited, and we will be staggering appointments for the entire clinic.
Ensuring your safety and well-being has always been of the utmost importance! Going the extra mile for you all will aid in this goal of ours.